PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Epic and its associated companies are committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We are bound by, and will abide by, the National Privacy Principles. This is in addition to our existing obligations under the Privacy Act.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect always includes your name, your residential address, email address, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or debit card details and products and services we provide to you. If you choose not to allow us to collect this personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services, you require.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Epic collects personal information directly from you when you order either online at www.epicspo.net or in our stores or by telephone if applicable. There may be occasions when we collect information from publicly available sources.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The primary use of the personal information we collect about you will be used solely for the purpose of processing your order and communicating with you about:
- Returns and exchange authorizations.
- Emailing you tax invoices.
- Delivery of the products you have purchased.
- Dispatch and tracking information.
- Providing you with the products and services you have asked for.
- Administering your account.
- Servicing our relationship with you.
After completing the checkout process, we reserve the right to include your e-mail address as part of our email communications. We may use your personal information for research and development of our products or to send you information about other products and services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information to organizations outside Epic and its related companies for purposes relating to the management of your account with us. Such organizations include:
- Electronic service providers who manage the services provided to you.
- Mailing systems which organize delivery of the products you have purchased.
- Maintenance and repair services.
- Our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
We require these organizations to adhere to strict confidentiality about your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the National Privacy Principles.
Epic takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure. We have robust systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We are continually reviewing our procedures to ensure the highest standards of security is used to protect your personal information.
HOW TO ACCESS AND AMEND PERSONAL INFORMATION
On request from you we will provide details of the personal information we hold about you. The release of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to existing or any anticipated legal proceedings, together with exceptions provided by the Privacy Act. Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe. We also aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete.
COMPLAINT LODGEMENT AND RESOLUTION
Epic is committed to the protection of your privacy and personal information. Complaints you may have about your personal information can be lodged with Epic. We will attempt to resolve any complaint within 7 business days.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
- When requested by the courts or laws or regulation or is requested by a Government agency.
- Where we deem a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a Governmental agency should be made aware of; and/or to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A DATA BREACH?
In the event of a data breach, it is our responsibility to inform you as soon as we become aware of such a breach.
HOW TO ERASE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
On request from you we will erase the details of the personal information we hold about you. The erasure of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to existing or any anticipated legal proceedings, together with exceptions provided by the Privacy Act. Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
FIRST-PARTY (EPIC SPORTS) COOKIES
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.